Re-typed by Kirk Farmer
The land for this cemetery was originally donated by Pinkney Cobb (3/21/1821-3/11/1866) and his wife, Mary Ellen Davis (5/11/1827-2/1/1894) and is named in their honor. The association has since purchased an additional strip of land and added to it. The cemetery is well maintained and in good condition. The cemetery contains 227 unmarked graves. The grave marked 1811 is that of Brinkley Davis.
The cemetery is located east of Thornton; turn left at the Church of Christ and go ½ mile and turn to the right on black top road; follow this road 2 miles to fork - white house on right and old barn on left - turn left to fenced cemetery.
The Civil War Veterans buried here are:
John (Jack) Rasco
*This information was originally provided by Mrs. Minnie Rasco.
|A - J||K - Z|